Adopted and Approved
by the District Board
November 15, 2020
District 6450 has created a 5-year strategic plan to align with the Rotary International Strategic Plan and its Four Strategic Priorities. This plan will help establish a direction for the District over the next 5 years and will help us sharped our focus in order to get to where we need to be. This document gives us the right goals and action steps and gives us the focus we need to ensure we meet them.
Strategic Plan Notes:
- This strategic plan will be a “living” document that is reviewed, at least in dashboard format, at every board meeting over the next 5 years. It is intended to be read, applied and revised on a regular basis with the DG line and board reviewing it prior to each DG taking office between 2020-2025.The length of the plan allows for more aggressive District support and growth as well as goals and action steps/strategies that are more clearly defined.
- The key question answered is How we best support the Strategic Initiatives and Plans for Rotary International and that of our District clubs. The plan follows the structure of the Rotary International Strategic Plan for alignment purposes and ensures it reflects the intent of the District.
- The plan is designed with clear goals and action steps/strategies so it more clearly articulates roles and responsibilities, defines what success looks like and how we will track and report on the progress of the plan.
Rotary International Vision Statement and Four Strategic Priorities
TOGETHER WE SEE A WORLD
WHERE PEOPLE UNITE AND
TAKE ACTION TO CREATE LASTING CHANGE
ACROSS THE GLOBE IN OUR COMMUNITIES AND IN OURSELVES
Rotary International’s Strategic Plan has four priorities. Four. Each priority reflects the input, feedback, and hopes of current and former members, leadership, Rotaractors, alumni, Youth Exchange students, and Rotary staff. In all, we reached out to more than a million people who are connected to Rotary in some way to ensure that our Action Plan priorities are the right ones, and are authentically Rotary. The four priorities are:
- Increase our impact;
- Expand our reach;
- Enhance participant engagement; and,
- Increase our ability to adapt.
Objectives to these Key Priorities include the following:
INCREASE OUR IMPACT
• Eradicate polio and leverage the legacy
• Focus our programs and offerings
• Improve our ability to achieve and measure impact
EXPAND OUR REACH
• Grow and diversify our membership and participation
• Create new channels into Rotary
• Increase Rotary’s openness and appeal
• Build awareness of our impact and brand
ENHANCE PARTICIPANT ENGAGEMENT
• Support clubs to better engage their members
• Develop a participant-centered approach to deliver value
• Offer new opportunities for personal and professional connection
• Provide leadership development and skills training
INCREASE OUR ABILITY TO ADAPT
• Build a culture of research, innovation, and willingness to take risks
• Streamline governance, structure, and processes
• Review governance to foster more diverse perspectives in decision-making
District 6450 Supporting Goals and Action Steps
In order to increase our impact, expand our reach, enhance participant engagement and increase our ability to adapt, we must be able to prioritize our efforts and better focus on plan over the next 5 years. We will work together with the clubs in our District to implement this strategic plan together while consistently reporting on the success and status of the plan. This will give the District the “Northern Star” needed to hone its efforts on those activities that will best position it for the future. By creating clear targets, assigning leads and champions and consistent reporting and tracking will provide the accountability needed to achieve the plan. And by documenting the metrics of this plan, we will get a clear picture of what is working and what is not. That will allow us the opportunity to replicate and scale up our successes and make changes where we need to.
The current Board of Directors and future Board Members and District leaders will need to commit to the regular review and implementation of this plan to ensure its success. Our District – and Rotary International – will be better off because of it.